Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Too good to not post...

I'm hesitant to start posting recycled content so soon, but I can't help but share this particular gem.

My first son, Thomas, was born in December, 2008, and my wife and I had our second, Oliver, almost two months ago, in mid-September.

Many (most?) of my wife's friends from her home town are married and parents, but virtually none of my friends are either, so I find myself talking about what it's like to be a parent.

To try and explain it to someone else, it's a little like trying to describe a colour to a blind/colourblind person. Maybe language only fails me, though, and someone better with it could do an admirable job of explaining it.

Which brings me to Jeff Atwood's spectacular post on fatherhood on his otherwise-non-parent-centric blog, Coding Horror.

Atwood uses his own words, and those of others, to paint a pretty accurate picture of what it's like to have your life no only turned upside down by having children, but also inverted, painted, reupholstered and then transmogrified.

It's great. Read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment